Terms & Conditions
Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard Terms and Conditions
For the purpose of these terms:
(a) ‘We, Us and Our’ means Vault Payment Solutions Group Pty Ltd, ABN 66 632 373 105 (“Vault”);
(b) ‘You’ means the Card purchaser or user who has acquired the Card;
(c) ‘Pays’ means Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay;
(d) ‘Card’ means the Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard issued by EML Payment Solutions Limited, ABN 30 131 436 532 and distributed by Vault; and
(e) ‘Device’, means a mobile phone or wearable device that allows you to store a Card to the Device.
1. By allowing the addition of the Card into your Pays-enabled Device, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
How the Card works
2. The Card is a Mastercard prepaid card that can be used for purchasing goods and services where the Card is accepted for electronic transactions (excluding transactions at ATMs or over the counter at financial institutions). The Card cannot be used as a credit card and cannot be linked to any deposit account. Some merchants may not accept the Card.
3. The Card cannot be used to make transactions that exceed the Card’s available balance. To complete such a transaction you will need to pay the difference by another method, if the merchant agrees.
4. The Card is not reloadable, and is only valid and useable until the expiry date shown on the front of the Card. Upon expiry, the remaining available balance is forfeited. We will not give you any notice before this happens.
5. Once issued to You, the Card must be activated by using an activation code, within 2 months from the date of issue to be valid. You will be suppled with an activation code.
6. The Card cannot be used to obtain or redeem cash and cannot be used for making direct debit, recurring, or regular instalment payments. Authorisations may be declined at some merchants (such as gambling merchants or merchants who choose not to accept the Card). We are not liable in any way when authorisation is declined for any particular transaction, except where the authorisation has been declined because of an act or omission on our part.
7. We will not charge any fees for using the Card. However, some merchants may charge you for using the Card and such fees may be deducted from the balance of your Card at the time of the transaction.
8. A 2.99% foreign exchange conversion fee applies to any transactions in a currency other than Australian dollars and is calculated on the Australian dollar transaction amount. This will be included in the total transaction amount debited to the Card.
9. You are responsible for all transactions on the Card, except where there has been fraud or negligence by our employees or agents. If you notice any error relating to the Card, you should immediately notify Vault Client Services on (03) 8614 3402 during business hours or alternatively you can send an email to [email protected].
10. If you have a problem with a purchase made with the Card, or a dispute with a merchant, you must deal directly with the merchant involved. If you cannot resolve the dispute with the merchant, you can contact Vault Client Services on (03) 8614 3402 during business hours or alternatively you can send an email to [email protected].
11. You are responsible for checking your transaction history, knowing the available balance and date of expiry for the Card, all of which is available to you on your Device.
12. We are not liable in circumstances where you have other cards stored on your Device for payment and you inadvertently use the Card when using your Device as a payment method. You must ensure that you select the correct card prior to using your Device as a payment method.
13. We are not liable for the use, functionality or availability of a Device, the availability of merchants who allow the use of the Card as payment, or a reduced level of service caused by the failure of third party communication and network providers (except to the extent deemed liable under the ePayments Code).
14. We are not liable for transactions on your Card if:
a) your Device security measures are compromised;
b) where you allow others access to, or the means to access, your Device; or
c) any other circumstances in which you allow others to circumvent the security measures of your Device.
15. To the extent permitted by law, We:
a) exclude all statutory or implied conditions and warranties and any other liability We may have to you (including liability for indirect or consequential loss) that may arise under statute or at law including without limitation for breach of contract, in tort (including negligence) or under any other cause of action howsoever arising out of, or in any way related to, the use of the Card and our goods and services;
b) limit our liability under any condition or warranty which cannot be legally excluded in relation to the supply of goods or services to (at our election) replacing the goods or services or supplying equivalent goods or services again; and
c) make no warranties or representations about our goods or services or the content related to our goods and services, including but not limited to warranties or representations; that such content will be complete, accurate or up-to-date or that access to the Card or related services will be uninterrupted, error-free or free from viruses.
16. We may restrict or stop the use of the Card if suspicious activities are noticed.
17. Any refunds on Card transactions are subject to the policy of the specific merchant. Refunds may be in the form of applying a credit to the Card, cash refund or in-store credit. If the Card expires or is revoked before you have spent any funds resulting from a refund (whether or not the original transaction being refunded was made using the Card) then you will have no access to those funds.
Queries and Complaints
19. If you have a complaint relating to the Card, please contact EML at any of the following:
Phone: 1300 739 889 (9am – 5pm), Monday to Friday (Sydney time)
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Locked Bag 5, Fortitude Valley BC, 4006
Changes to Terms and Conditions
21. We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes to the Terms and Conditions can be viewed at www.vaultps.com.au.